Did you know you’re dining in a “Green Restaurant”?
The Sushi Bar has always operated with the goal to be as environmentally conscious and sustainable as possible. To assist us with our mission, we chose the Green Restaurant Association to analyze each step we have taken. The GRA provides a rigorous certification program in which each claim must be thoroughly verified. To date we have completed over 60 steps and have been awarded over 225 points to make us the greenest sushi bar in the country and the only 3-star certified restaurant in Idaho. Our commitment to this program is ongoing as we find new ways to provide the most guilt-free and delicious dining experience possible.
Examples of environmental steps we have taken:
• Recycle all glass, aluminum, tin, plastic, paper and cardboard.
• Save water by using low-flow faucets, efficient appliances and only serve water upon request.
• Send all unused food scraps to local farms for animal feed.
• Minimize use of disposables; reusable chopsticks, no bottled water.
• Paper products (napkins, paper towels, menus, etc.) and take-out packaging are biodegradable and/or contain recycled materials.
• All cleaning chemicals and soaps are environmentally friendly.
• Building constructed using salvaged and recycled materials.
• Energy efficient refrigeration, cooking equipment and lighting.
• Use Organic, local and sustainable food when available.
To learn more about the Green Restaurant Association or to see a complete list of all environmental steps completed, please visit dinegreen.com